Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer Sangria

Oh, summer. The surf, the sand...the sangria! 

This pin involved a lot of slicing and dicing. The results were well worth the 2 hour wait!


1 750-ml bottle dry white wine (I opted for a cheaper bottle since I was infusing my own flavor)
1 1/2 cups Essensia
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 cup peach liqueur (I skipped the extra calories)

3 peaches, each cut into 12 slices
1 large orange, cut crosswise into 6 slices
1 large lemon, cut crosswise into 6 slices (Poor selection at the store this week)
3 to 4 cups ice cubes (I substituted with the frozen raspberies)
2 cups frozen raspberries
1 small pear

Mix white wine, Essensia, strawberries, peach liqueur, peaches, orange slices, lemon slices, pear and frozen raspberries in large pitcher, smashing citrus slices slightly. Let stand at room temperature at least 2 hours or chill up to 4 hours. Serve sangria over ice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment