Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 2: Button Flower Magnets

Day 2 is here with adorable Button Flower Magnets.


I found this pin on Pinterest and knew the pattern would be the perfect size for a magnet. As you can see, these cuties are just bigger than a quarter. Aren't they darling?


Each magnet takes about 30 minutes to stitch, finish, and attach the magnet to the back. I decided a set of three would be perfect so I chose six colors to mix and match as I went. For a set of three, you can use 3-9 colors along with a green base for the leaves.


Even if you have never picked up a needle, this project is east to learn! This is a great blog post that shows step-by-step how to cross stitch. After you get the basic stitch down, follow the pattern and you'll be there in no time!

Once my stitching was complete, I carefully cut around the design leaving one square as a border. Then I broke out the Fray Check and dabbed small amount of this magic liquid on all the edges. I swear, this stuff is great! Lastly, I loosely traced around the stitching on some scratch paper to create a template for the magnet. I transferred the template onto an adhesive back magnet sheet. Remember to cut the magnet just smaller than your template so it doesn't show on the front of your masterpiece. Peel off the paper backing to revel the sticky magnet and adhere your stitching. Walah! Button flower Magnet complete!



No comments:

Post a Comment