Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 4: Pumpkin Stitched Box

I have to admit, Christmas isn't my favorite holiday. This girl is all over fall and that's why the next two projects in this series will pumpkin coated in all their orange goodness.



Have you ever had that experience where your hands wanted to do something crafty but your brain couldn't come up with anything creative for your hands to do? That's how this project was born! My hands were itching for something so I jumped in the car and headed to Hobby Lobby. After pacing down a few aisles I came across a 2 inch square box with a hole cut int he top. My brain went "Ohhhh, okay!"


The stitching pattern is a variation of the pattern in this pin but I had to do some adjusting to fit the dimensions of my box. I also opted to keep the  box it's natural brown color; I think it compliments the vibrant orange of the pumpkins.





No comments:

Post a Comment