Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 3: Metallic Frame Ornament

I've been busy crafting all week to bring you Day 3 of my blog series Craft Through the Holidays 2013. Today I'm featuring a metallic framed cross stitch I just finished. 



The best thing about this is you can add literally anything to the inside of the frame. I chose to frame a cross stitch I recently finished, but you could also frame a family photo or a piece of your child's artwork. 


I purchased the frame from Michael's for $1.49 and made a hanger out of the same DMC floss that I stitched the ornament with. The frame is white cast plaster which I painted with a metallic silver and highlighted the grooves with a black Sharpie. Super easy!. I didn't want to paint the fame to be too ornate and take away from the stitching.




You might even consider sitting your little one down with the frame and some paint to create their own masterpiece. 

Don't forget to become a follower of my blog to get updates and more projects from this holiday blog series. Find the little follow button on the right side of this page. Isn't he cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment